Performance Gallery – Remembrance Day
Remembrance Day by Bev Clark
This production was first performed in 2009 and won many awards reaching the semi-finals of The All England Theatre Festival and appearing at the All Winners Final of The National Drama Festival Association. It was then licensed to Noda and has been performed at The Sawston Drama Festival 2014 where it was runner-up and was awarded Best stage design and best supporting actor. Cambridge Drama Festival 2014 where it won best lighting and in S.N.A.D.S week long production at Sturminster Newton Dorset in the Autumn of 2014.
Here are a small selection of images from some of those productions.
Hand In Hand Theatre Productions
Hand In Hand Theatre Productions produced the debut performance of Remembrance Day – Directed by Bev Clark for the Leverhulme Drama Festival.
The company then took the play on a regional tour.
- Winners of The Leverhulme Drama Festival (Leverhulme Trophy)
- Winner of Best Actor (The Gladstone Theatre Trust cup) James Wodfinden
- Winners of The Merseyside Finalist Trophy (The Gertrude Usher Trophy)
- Winners of N.W. Finals for Best Production (British Drama League. Magrath Trophy)
- Winners of The N.W. Finals for Best Presentation (The Barbara Williamson Trophy)
- Winners for Best Décor/presentation (All England Theatre Festival.Harry Mellor Trophy)
- Also “Commended” in the Geoffrey Whitworth Competition.
In 2014 Remembrance Day was performed by Swavesey Review and Drama Society (Cambridge) under the original NODA licence. They very kindly gave us permission to display their images & this endorsement.
“we very much enjoyed the acting, directorial and technical challenges Remembrance Day presented, it was very well received by adjudicators and audiences alike.”
Awards: Second Place, Best Stage Presentation and Best Supporting Actor at the Sawston Drama Festival, 2014.
Also in 2014 Sturminster Newton Amateur Dramatic Society (Dorset) did their own production of Remembrance Day by Bev Clark.
images reproduced with permission.
Remembrance Day is
A modern narrative of bullying and anti-social behaviour
A ghostly tale of past generations
A family story of a father and son’s broken relationship
A universal fable of war, death and hope.
After The Dream by Bev Clark – video highlights here
We will be adding more photos and video soon of recent productions… sign up for our mailing list to receive notification of updates.